We all want to see quick results from our workout routines. After all, the best inspiration to keep working hard is watching your muscles get bigger. But to get the fastest returns on your efforts you have to do things the right way.
Too many guys just walk into the gym every day and start exercising without any definitive plan. They do whatever exercises they feel like at that particular moment, which usually consists of the same ones day after day. The same holds true for their diet habits as well.
They try to eat healthy but they lack the structure to succeed. Inevitably, this lack of organization leads to weak results and a loss of motivation.
Creating a complete weight training program and sticking with it is the first step for success. It doesn’t have to be complicated, but it should show consistency. In the following article, Vince DelMonte covers the essentials for both skinny and overweight people. His No Nonsense Guide to Muscle Building is one of our favorite weight training guides.
Vince makes things easy to understand and avoid mistakes, which is so important when you are just starting out.
How To Get Ripped Fast!
To have a world class fitness body, you must be muscular of course, symmetrical and balanced, have a well defined six-pack but most importantly, you must be ripped and shredded to the bone! If you do not know how to get ripped fast than we are about to discuss how weight training, proper nutrition and aerobic exercise will assist in getting a ripped, beach worthy body by next summer.
Determine Where You Are Starting
If you do not have the ripped body of your dreams than you are either one of two people:
- The ‘big guy’ at the gym who looks huge in clothes but has no muscle definition when the shirt comes off. You are training like a bodybuilder, eating in a caloric surplus, getting stronger and bigger each week but would never win a fitness model show because of your excess body fat.
- Or, are you the ‘skinny guy’ who thinks he is ripped because your veins are popping out of your tank top, but have no muscle mass to support your frame. Sure, your veins make you look ‘ripped’ to the bike club but this false sense of ‘big’ would only get you laughed off a bodybuilding stage.
To get ripped, you must determine whether you need to start leaning down through a fat loss program or else add muscle mass with a bulking program. You can not be ripped if you are lacking muscle mass or lacking muscle defintion. Don’t chase both goals at once. I will address how both categories can learn how to get ripped fast with weight training, nutrition and cardio.
How To Get Ripped With Weight Training
- Skinny guys should train less than 45 minutes each workout.
- Skinny guys should focus on only compound movements and no isolated movements.
- Skinny guys should focus on getting stronger by 5% every two weeks.
- Skinny guys should do no more than 1-2 forced reps to avoid wasted energy.
- Skinny guys should have there body parts split up into a maximum three day program.
- Bulky guys can train from 1 hour to 1 and ½ hours for the extra caloric expenditure.
- Bulky guys can incorporate more isolated movements for caloric expenditure.
- Bulky guys should still maintain there strength which will ensure no muslce loss.
- Bulky guys can include drop sets and pre-exhaust sets for the extra energy expenditure.
- Bulky guys can spend more time per muscle group and split there body parts over 5 days.
How To Get Ripped With Nutrition
- Skinny guys should be eating about 15 x there current body weight in calories for muscle mass.
- Skinny guys should eat at least 1- 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass.
- Skinny guys should be eating at least 2x as many carbs as proteins.
- Skinny guys should be getting high quality fats with each meal.
- Skinny guys should be getting extra calories through workout nutrition drinks.
- Skinny guys should have there largest meals at breakfast, pre-workout and post-workout.
- Skinny guys should be eating large quantities of oatmeal, whole grains, potatoes and rice.
- Bulky guys should be eating about 10 x there current body weight, in calories, for fat loss.
- Bulky guys should eat at least 1 – 1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean muscle mass.
- Bulky guys should eat a 1:1 ratio of proteins to carbs in the day.
- Bulky guys should only eat healthy fats like flax oil, olive oil, nuts and avocado’s.
- Bulky guys should only consume liquid carbs during the workout.
- Bulky guys should consume carbs only in the form of veggies and fruits.
How To Get Ripped With Cardio
- Skinny guys should only do cardio if there caloric intake is in a 1000 calorie surplus.
- Skinny guys should keep there cardio workouts as far away as possible from there weights.
- Skinny guy should keep there cardio workouts less then 20-30 minutes.
- Skinny guys should do cardio no more than 2 – 4 x a week.
- Skinny guys should perform cardio on a full stomach.
- Skinny guys should have a protein-carb workout drink ready after the workout.
- Skinny guys should avoid long, endurance style training.
- Bulky guys should do there cardio immediately after weights.
- Bulky guys should do a mixture of long, slow cardio and interval cardio.
- Bulky guys can do cardio up to 7-10 x a week in extreme cases.
- Bulky guys should do cardio on a empty stomach for quicker fat loss.
- Bulky guys should sip on a protein drink to avoid muscle loss.
There you have it. Now you know how to get ripped fast, whether you are a skinny or bulky.
About the Author:
Vince DelMonte is the author of No Nonsense Muscle Building: Skinny Guy Secrets To Insane Muscle Gain found at VinceDelMonteFitness.com
He specializes in teaching skinny guys how to build muscle and gain weight quickly without drugs, supplements and training less than before.